Visit our new Volunteer link under People of The Well – Volunteer Opportunities
For group retreats offered, check out our Event Schedule on the Programs Link
The Well Retreat Center is a Christ-centered retreat facility open to people of all faiths in the farmland of Smithfield, Virginia, operated by the Catholic Diocese of Richmond. Linda and Tom Ashe have been the directors since July 2005.
The retreat center is situated on 23 acres of rural property which includes a spring-fed lake of nearly 3 acres. The land provides many open areas and places to walk, reflect and pray, including the Stations of The Cross along our tree-lined entry drive.
You are invited to take a virtual tour of our retreat center–its facilities, grounds, staff and offerings.The Well might be the perfect place for you or your group to make a retreat! It is an ideal location for group and private retreats as well as conferences, staff training and meetings, leadership and youth retreats, Confirmation groups, couples’ weekends, centering prayer gatherings and more.
* Overnight accommodations for up to 32 people
* Home made meals provided on the premises
* Special programs and retreats sponsored by The Well
* Programs, seminars and retreats for groups with their own directors
* Days or evenings of reflection
* Restful private meeting places for groups to host working retreats
* Overnight accommodations for individual retreats, directed or private
* Spiritual direction and guidance for one’s spiritual journey
* Stations of the Cross — along the tree-lined entry drive
* The lending library with over 2700 spiritual works by inspired authors